As a Christmas present to y'all this year I've decided to have a Musical 12 days of Christmas featuring pic!spam, icons and music from some of my favorite artists. My server is currently down, so all files are hosted on either yousendit or livejournal tell me if anything needs to be re-uped and I'll do it ASAP.
The subject today is the fabulously talented and beautiful Neko Case.
Alternative country singer/songwriter Neko Case won a steadily growing cult audience for her smoky, sophisticated vocals and the downcast beauty of her music. Born in Alexandria, VA, Case moved around often as a child, spending the largest part of her youth in Tacoma, WA. She left her parents at age 15, and three years later she started playing drums for several bands around the Northwest's punk rock scene. In 1994, she moved to Vancouver to enter art school, and simultaneously joined the punk group Maow, who released a record on the Mint label. She also played with roots rockers the Weasles, and eventually formed her own backing band, the Boyfriends, which initially featured alumni of the Softies, Zumpano, and Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet.
Case released her solo debut, The Virginian, in 1997, delving wholeheartedly into traditional country via a mix of covers and originals. She went on to perform with Carolyn Mark in the old-timey side project the Corn Sisters, and recorded with the Vancouver indie supergroup the New Pornographers. In 1998, Case completed her studies, and with her student visa expired, she returned to Washington and began work on her second solo album. The lovely, melancholy Furnace Room Lullaby was released on Bloodshot Records in 2000 and won high praise from most critics.
Case subsequently relocated to Chicago, home of a thriving alt-country scene, and released the home-recorded Canadian Amp EP in 2001. Its moody, late-night ambience carried over to 2002's Blacklisted, a darker yet more eclectic affair; it garnered Case her strongest reviews yet, making many year-end critics' polls, and landed her a tour slot opening for Nick Cave. In 2004, Case signed with Anti Records in the United States, and that year she released a live album, The Tigers Have Spoken, recorded during several dates with Canadian surf-country band the Sadies. Fox Confessor Brings the Flood followed in 2006. So very pretteh!IconsMusicNeko Case - 15 Songs (6 New Pornographers and 8 solo)
01. Mass Romantic - The New Pornographers from Mass Romantic (.mp3)
02. Things That Scare Me - Neko Case from Blacklisted (.mp3)
03. Deep Red Bells - Neko Case from Blacklisted (.mp3)
04. The Bones Of An Idol - The New Pornographers from Twin Cinema (.mp3)
05. Hold On, Hold On - Neko Case from Fox Confessor Brings The Blood (.mp3)
06. Lady Pilot - Neko Case from Blacklisted (.mp3)
07. Jackie Dressed In Cobras - The New Pornographers from Twin Cinema (.mp3)
08. Tightly - Neko Case from Blacklisted (.mp3)
09. Letter From An Occupant - The New Pornographers from Mass Romantic (.mp3)
10. All For Swinging You Around - The New Pornographers from The Electric Version (.mp3)
11. John Saw That Number - Neko Case from Fox Confessor Brings The Blood (.mp3)
12. These Are The Fables - The New Pornographers from Twin Cinema (.mp3)
13. I Missed The Point - Neko Case from Blacklisted (.mp3)
14. Wayfaring Stranger - Neko Case from The Tigers Have Spoken (.m4a)
15. Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis - Neko Case (source unknown) (.mp3)Lyrics, full discography and more pictures.
If you take anything/need anything (indivdual files for example) please comment and most of all enjoy!